HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Placing an order with us verbally, by phone, email, through the website, or any other method of communication constitutes you having read, understood and agreed to the following terms and conditions.
• Please read this agreement carefully. Upon entering into this agreement, you the hirer, have agreed to be bound by the terms within.
• The period of hire covers 48 hours – we can be flexible on this at our own discretion. We reserve the right to collect hired items after midnight following your event as products may/could be needed for re-hire – under these circumstances this collection time is non-negotiable.
• We reserve the right to collect at this time without prior discussion.
1. All goods remain the property of Harmony Event Decorations, Coles Hill, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 3JW.
SECURITY DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT TERMS
1. To secure a booking a 25% deposit is required. The final balance is payable 4 weeks prior to the hire date.
2. Payments can be made by direct bank transfer/BACS.
3. All payments are to be made in British Pound Sterling.
DELIVERY SET UP AND COLLECTION
1. Free delivery within 20-mile radius from HP1 3JW, please use Google Maps to calculate the distance. For distances over 20 miles will be charged a fee of £1 per mile.
2. For each event there is a Set up and Collection Fee of £50 due to be paid by the hirer.
3. Although we will try our best to get the closest match for any color requested we cannot guarantee an exact match will be possible. We advise you to arrange a color match prior to securing your booking as refunds will not be given for cancellations of any items where an exact color match cannot be arranged.
4. Parking must be available at all times whilst we are on site, if for any reason this is not the case the hirer is liable to pay for any additional parking charges incurred by our staff.
5. A safe unloading, loading and access area must be available for our staff whilst on site for all set ups and collections. If not available, we will be unable to unload or set up for your event.
6. An adequate power supply must be provided for any electrical equipment hired. We deem it unsafe to daisy chain extension leads around a venue and will not do this. Refunds will not be given for items unable to be used because of inadequate power supply.
7. Terms and conditions are subject to change by Harmony Event Decorations at any time. It is the hirer’s responsibility to check these terms and conditions on our website www.harmonyeventdecorations.co.uk for any updates or changes.
DAMAGED GOODS AND MISSING ITEMS
1. Goods in your care shall remain your responsibility at all times.
2. When goods are returned badly damaged in any way, we have the right to charge you the replacement cost or treatment charge and add this to your invoice.
3. Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value plus VAT and delivery to HED. No substitute item will be accepted by HED.
4. The total cost will be confirmed in writing to the client within 7 days and the client will be sent an invoice for the outstanding balance and payment must be made to the company within 7 days of the invoice date.
5. The hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods. Hotels/venues/florists/wedding planners/ or any other third-party involvement will be exempt from any responsibility regarding hired goods and will not be held accountable should any damage occur whilst in their possession.
6. Candles supplied with Candelabras are not intended to be lit. If you wish to use candles please ensure you supply and use Non-Toxic, Non-drip or LED candles. Charges will be made for any candelabra returned damaged, dented, permanently tarnished or covered in melted wax.
7. You are not permitted to use any flowers, artificial or fresh, other than those supplied and set up by Harmony Event Decorations on our candelabras and vase-ware.
1. Images of the company’s items are for private use only. If the client wishes to publish any images which include the hire items for promotions or publicity prior agreement must be received in writing from the company.
2. If the company wishes to take photographs of the hired items at the client’s event for its own marketing the client’s permission will be sought. The client has the right to refuse.
1. The items hired are the responsibility of the client from the time delivery has been taken until the time they have been collected by Harmony Event Decorations.
2. Harmony Event Decorations shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons, buildings or property howsoever sustained arising from our goods under hire.
3. The contract for the hire of goods is between HED and the hirer, not the venue unless goods are being hired directly by the venue. It is the hirer's responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the terms and conditions are met. HED will charge the Hirer for any costs due to terms and conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the Hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue or third party if the venue or third party was at fault.
1. If, for any reason, you wish to cancel your order you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. All cancellations or reductions in numbers of items to be hired must then be confirmed in writing and will only become effective on receipt of your cancellation email.
2. All items remain in the ownership of the company, however during the hire period the client is responsible for looking after the items. The client therefore must make every effort to ensure that the items are treated with respect, kept dry and retained in a secure place.
Please see our full cancellation terms below (Days are prior to Hire Date)
• 180 days or more – 100% refund
• 179 days to 43 days – 50% refund
• 42 days or less – 0% (non refund)
1. If you wish to cancel your contract, all cancellations must be made in writing via email email@example.com by the client. Cancellation will take effect from the date of receipt at Harmony Event Decorations.
ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
• We cannot accept responsibility for any of our items that are used outside should they be damaged, soiled or affected by weather conditions after we have left them – Examples: Aisle Runners getting wet & badly soiled (There may be an additional cleaning fee should the item be badly soiled or charged at replacement cost in the event cleaning fails), Outside gazebos where fabrics are affected by wind or rain. Swaging & Draping are intended as temporary constructions, severe weather conditions may affect the completed look.
• In the event of adverse conditions, it is Harmony Event Decorations’ sole discretion on all outside decor if to provide the hired items due to potential damage and safety. Therefore, no refunds are given for any items not used under such incidences or should be affected by weather.
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER
• In adverse weather conditions such as Snow & Ice, it is Harmony Event Decorations’ decision not to deliver/setup hired goods to the venue if it jeopardizes the safety of our staff. We will endeavor to get the hired goods to the venue and exhaust every option that is available before cancellation of the booking. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure the hired goods are insured for such incidences.
• In case of cancellations caused by the above conditions, Harmony Event Decorations is happy to move the event subject to availability or Reimburse your payment.
1. These items and conditions and any contract formed between us shall be governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
COVID 19 RELATED T&C’s
In the event of Covid19 restrictions:
1. If the client needs to postpone the event date, Harmony Event Decorations will accommodate the new date.
2. If HED is already booked for the new date, the full refund will be issued to the client.
3. HED will not charge any fee for postponing the date.
Terms & Conditions last updated 29/04/2021
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS PDF FILE WHICH WILL CONTAIN ALL OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS PRESENTED ABOVE.
-YOU WILL NEED TO READ, SIGN AND RETURN THIS FILE TO firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE WE CAN BOOK YOUR DATE